1) Bills cost a lot more than I was expecting. Never again will I say tap water is essentially free.
2) Good friends to hang out with and good friends to live with are two separate things.
3) The jump in subject difficulty between first and second year is way bigger than the jump from college to university.
4) Clubbing at the main club loses its edge for most people, not just us who worked there. House parties and trips to spoons pave the way forward for post-18 year olds used to drinking.
5) Its way easier to be social with new people once you’ve settled in to the area and have some friends already.